Meise Cabrio

Ansicht von 26 Antwort-Themen
  • Autor
      Matsoft
      Teilnehmer

Hello all.

I have a little problem. My friend bought Skoda Garde (Rapid 120) Cabrio, we think it is MEISE, because other my friend have also one cabrio – made by Graf und Stift, and it is a bit different.

We have fewq questions:
      How can we recognise it is Meise or other manufacturer? (In car book is written only SKODA and type of car OPEN)

Is any contact address or e-mail to MEISE GmBH?

Have anyone some other photos of MEISE cabrio?

We want to know all history of this car.

here is link to photo: http://skoda.stable.cz/cz/forum_upload/7_1_24313__2006-07-05_08-36-40_11.jpg

codo
      Teilnehmer

hi

is a picture which i took from a cabrioletbook.
      the adress is: auto meise gmbh dortsteinerstra?e 7, 4350 Recklinghausen. but its an old book an i think the zipcode changed in germany.
      your picture shows either one of the first 800 garde which i think where made with 4 headlights or they where added later
      hannes

this shows the gr?f&stift cabriolett

if i look at the front triangle windows i would say its a meise

Attachments:
      You must be logged in to view attached files.
      Matsoft
      Teilnehmer

Does anyone know how many Cabrios were made by Meise GmBH?

Garde+Rapid or Garde and Rapid separated.

Thanks a lot.

Can I find Cabrioletbook somewhere?

codo
      Teilnehmer

hi
      the book is calles"cabrio magazin" Heft 2/84
      i dont`t know haow many have been built. but i think someone told me that
      they hsold the plans for building the acabnrio and that everybody could doit by its own"

p44
      Teilnehmer

hi guys,

the sills look like different on the las postes pictures (matsoft’s friend’s red and the yellow one). am I right?

Hannes, are this info 100% sure about the first 800 Garde? They have been equipped with 4 round front lights?

codo
      Teilnehmer

hi
      i am not to shure if it was 800 or 700 but yes i also saw an original skoda broschure with the garde and its 4 headlights
      hannes

codo
      Teilnehmer

Attachments:
      p44
      Teilnehmer

nice. there are some similars in Hungary, but those are all replicas, not original. thats why this information about Garde with 4 lights is new for me 🙂

exactly how many place has been cabrios made?

– LDD Ltd., Kent, UK (2 different types)
      – Metalex, CSSR
      – Hainzinger, Germany or Netherland (?)
      – Meise (?) (i totally dont know anything about this)
      – Graf&Stift, Austria

or the last two is only one? are they the same?

codo
      Teilnehmer

hi no gr?f&stift was the general importeur from austria they defenatly made there own cbriolet. ithink they only built about 10 cars.a friend told me there is no documentation left, they get rid of it when they moved to another place. i think that maybe hainzinger and metalex had a cooperation.
      ther was also a small manufacture for 4 door cabriolets in bad ischl austria

Attachments:
      Netopyr
      Teilnehmer

Hi guys,
      I`m one of GARDEweb`s admin (http://garde.plivnik.cz) and I`m owner of the red MEISE GARDE cabrio (http://garde.plivnik.cz/cabrio).

About 4 headlights for export – it seems strange to me, nobody of witnesses don`t knows anything about it, but it`s possible that limiting series was exported with 4-lights. We will still search more information about it. The Red MEISE have 4-lights and my frend`s LDD it have too (http://garde.plivnik.cz/cars/member.php?id=145).

Between MEISE and Stift&Graf are differences only in deck of sill`s brace. We didn`t found another differences although both GARDEs (S&G http://garde.plivnik.cz/cars/foto/177 and M – http://garde.plivnik.cz/cabrio) are in one garage side by side. Both of them have the same construction of the tops (roof) and bodies. Allegedly MEISE sold his plans to Stift&Graf and then S&G made GARDE cabrio in agreement with those plans. Allegedly MEISE made only 10 pcs, but who knows…

Now about GardeCabrio`s maker in the world:

LDD – UK, only in version Standard (nr. of pcs we don`t know yet) with targa-frame and doors frame. LUX version is only by Rapid 13x, not by GARDE.
      MEISE – D, (nr. of pcs we don`t know yet) frameless.
      STIFT & GRAF – A, (nr. of pcs is allegedly 10) frameless.
      MTX – CSSR, never made GARDE (Rapid 120), only RAPID 13x cabrio.
      HAIYINGER – D, made GARDE`s prototype, but never sell them. They made and sold Rapid only. Haizinger cooperated with MTX, so MTX`s cabrio and Haiyinger`s one are the same (allegedly MTX made 11pcs and Haiyinger made 6pcs).

Freshly I know about 2pcs GARDE cabrio in Scotland. It should be frameless version. One of them have 2x12V battery and softroof wind down electrically… we have not another information yet.

p44
      Teilnehmer

hi,

I thought it over once again, and realized, I knew a Garde, which is already disassembled, and it was the 524th piece from the production, and it has not got 4 lights at front…

codo
      Teilnehmer

hi
      i will get a book from kvasiniy and there you will also be able to see a garde with 4 headlights. but i think this will take a few weeks
      hannes

p44
      Teilnehmer

I have the three big black book from Boleslav (2 Boleslav, 1 Kvainy editions) I bought them one month ago. I will check it immediately. 🙂

codo
      Teilnehmer

hi
      you won`t find it in the 2 black "history od skoda " books

p44
      Teilnehmer

you are right. it isnt in the books. and it isnt in the kvasiny book (the thrid one)

codo
      Teilnehmer

und hier das versprochene dokument

Attachments:
      p44
      Teilnehmer

foto about a Benelux(?) dealership (?)

codo
      Teilnehmer

look at the rear light do you see something different?

Attachments:
      p44
      Teilnehmer

in the huge picture above, the upper left and the bottom right cars with the 1976-1982 rear lights ( ) – style are fotos about a prototype, its mentioned in the black books also, with fotos. the car in the middle, with Jupiter alloys, its also a proto, I think it has been used at the wind-tests. I dont know anything about the upper right car. But I think no Garde with 4 lights came out from the factory as serie. Maybe for special requests, but no as serie.

I have a few brochures, where you can find pictures about cars with this strange rear lights like this red Garde has. Unfortunately I’ve never seen rear lights like this ever.

p44
      Teilnehmer

about cabrios: a few have been made in Canada also… check this:

http://www.rapid.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/images/couchman0.jpg

Meise
      Teilnehmer

Hi All!

I know this thread is 6 years old, but my father found it via google yesterday and was very excited that there are still some people interested in his cabrio.

My name is Stefan Meise and my father Kurt Meise has built the Cabrio shown in the cabrio magazin.

From 1976 till 1986 he was owner of a small gas station with garage in Recklinghausen (Germany) and wanted to built the cheapest cabrio in the world, so he started to build the Skoda Cabrio.
      He don´t exactly know how many he has built, it must have been about 80. He also sold 10 "conversion sets" to an importer in Austria, I think this could be the 10 of Graf & Stift.

with best regards
      Stefan Meise

—————————–

Hallo an Alle!

Ich habe mal auf Englisch angefangen, da das Thema ja komplett auf englisch war, das Deutsche ist mir aber lieber und für viele hier vielleicht auch einfacher, daher nochmal das ganze in deutsch:

Mir ist bekannt, dass dieses Thema 6 Jahre alt ist, aber mein Vater hat es gestern via google gefunden und sich sehr darüber gefreut, dass es immernoch Leute gibt, die an seinem Cabrio interessiert sind.

Mein Name ist Stefan Meise und mein Vater Kurt Meise hat das Cabrio aus dem Cabrio Magazin gebaut.
      Er war Inhaber einer kleinen Tankstelle mit Werkstatt und hatte sich zum Ziel gesetzt das preiswerteste Cabrio der Welt zu bauen. Wieviele es genau wurden, kann er nicht sagen, es müssen aber so um die 80 gewesen sein. Zusätzlich hat er 10 Umbausets an einen österreichischen Importeur verkauft. Das könnte der angesprochene Graf & Stift gewesen sein.

Grüße
      Stefan Meise

codo
      Teilnehmer

Hallo Stefan!
      Danke es freut mich dass sich durch deinen beitrag ja auch etwas licht in die mythen der skoda cabrios kommt.
      ich selbst verfolge immer wieder skoda cabrios und versuche über die geschichte etwas zu erfahren. wir sind eine eben sehr kleine aber eingeschworene gemeinschaft.
      ich selbst besitze nur ein skoda 105 cabrio dass ebenfalls fast analog wie die cabrios deines vaters in einer kleinen österreichischen werkstätte produziert wurden. allerdings nur 2 stück.
      kann sich dein vater noch erinnern an wen er die teile verkauft hat?
      lg
      hannes

Meise
      Teilnehmer

So, mein Vater hat nochmal nachgeschaut:

10 komplette Umbausätze wurden an die "Österreichische Automobilfabrik Gräf und Stift AG" verkauft, nachdem die Herren aus Österreich zusammen mit meinem Vater 2 Wagen umgebaut hatten. Diese Vermutung stimmt also.

An wen alles die Cabrios verkauft wurden, wissen wir so nicht. Evtl gibt es irgendwo bei uns im Keller noch die Wareneingangs- und Warenausgangsbücher, aber wo die Cabrios so rumfahren heute, können wir nicht sagen.

Was er aber gefunden hat waren 2 Ordner voll mit Anfragen für weitere Cabrios, so gefragt war der Umbau damals. Im 4-Mann-Betrieb konnte man allerdings nicht allen Anfragen nachkommen damals.

Grüße

codo
      Teilnehmer

Hallo
      also ich weiß von 2Cabrios die nach tschechien gingen, eines wurde von einer dachlawiene in die ewigen jagdgründe beförderd, und wenns gut geht kann ich dir nächste woche sagen ob es im club eine geben wird 🙂
      ein paar fotos dzu findet man auch bei uns unter http://fotos.skoda-oldtimer.at
      ein pläuschchen mit deinem vater wäre auch einmal nett, glaubst du das wäre irgendwann irgenwie möglich?
      lg
      hannes

codo
      Teilnehmer

so und nun gibts auch eines im club

Attachments:
      Meise
      Teilnehmer

ein pläuschchen mit deinem vater wäre auch einmal nett, glaubst du das wäre irgendwann irgenwie möglich?
      lg
      hannes

Meine letzte Meldung ist, wie ich erschreckend feststellen musste, schon eine Weile her. Sorry, dass die Antwort so lange gebraucht hat 😉

Ich denke, gegen das ein oder andere Pläuschchen hätte mein Vater nichts einzuwenden.

Wir arbeiten zusammen in unserem Familienbetrieb, hier mal unsere Homepage:
      http://www.waschpark-meise.de

Da sind wir in der Regel anzutreffen und bei schlechtem Wetter ist auch Zeit zum telefonieren. Ansonsten einfach vorbei kommen, wenn mal jemand im Ruhrgebiet unterwegs ist!

Grüße
      Stefan

Ziemlich cool!

Ansicht von 26 Antwort-Themen
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.